절리군 대표방향성에만 의존하는 기존의 평사투영 사면해석의 불확실성을 극복하고 해석결과의 신뢰성을 증진시키기 위하여 확률통계학적으로 도출된 절리극점들의 dense point 및 절리군 대표방향성과 암반구조 분석결과를 종합적으로 고려하여 사면거동양상을 분석하는 알고리즘을 고안하였다. 이를 위하여 절리극점들의 분포양상에 의거하여 절리확산지수를 산정하는 기법을 고안하였으며, 콘각에 따라 상이하게 도출되는 절리확산지수 및 절리군 수효와 방향성을 종합적으로 고려하여 사면해석에 사용될 대표방향성을 추출하였다. 이들 대표방향성을 평사투영분석에 활용하여 신뢰성이 증진된 사면해석을 수행할 수 있었다. 또한 평면파괴가 우려되는 사면에 대해 한계평형이론에 의거하여 민감도 해석을 수행하고, 사면 안정성에 대한 절리강도 및 외부하중 변화의 영향을 심도 있게 분석하였다.
Algorithm which can analyze the slope failure behavior utilizing the comprehensive information of the dense point of joint poles and the joint set orientations, both of which are obtained statistically, and the defect pattern of pole distribution has been developed. This method overcomes the potential incorrectness of the hemispheric projection method utilizing the joint set orientations only and also enhances the reliability of slope failure analysis. To this end a method capable of calculating the joint dispersion index directly from the joint pole distribution, instead of contour map, has been devised. The representative orientations for the slope failure analysis has been determined by considering the number and orientations of cone angle-dependent joint sets as well as the joint dispersion index. By engaging these representative orientations to the hemispheric projection analysis more reliable slope failure examination has been carried out. Sensitivity analysis for the potentially unstable slope of plane failure mode has been performed. Significance of joint strength index and the external seismic loading on the slope stability has been fully analyzed.
- Barth T.W. 1948. Oxygen in rocks: A basis for petrographic calculation. J. Geol., 56, 51-60.10.1086/625477
- Barton N., Bandis S.C. and Bakhtar K. 1985. Strength, deformation and conductivity of rock joints. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences and Geomechanics Abstracts. Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 121-140.10.1016/0148-9062(85)93227-9
- Cho T.F., Won K., You B. and Lee S. 2004. Application of a discontinuity orientation measurement drilling system to the characterization of an in situ rock mass and the prediction of cut-slope stability. Int J Rock Mech Min Sci (SINOROCK 2004 Symposium) Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 503-504.
- Judd W. and Harber C. 1961, Correlation of rock properties by statical method. Int. Sym. Mining Res.
- Ladanyi B. and Archambault G. 1970. Simulation of shear behavior of a jointed rock mass. Proc. 11th Symp. Rock Mech., AIME, New York, 105-125.
- McMahon B.K. 1968. Indices related to the mechanical properties of jointed rock. Proc. 9th Symp. Rock Mechanics – Status of Practical Rock Mechanics, Colorado, pp. 117-133.
- Mahtab M.A. and Yegulalp T.M. 1982. A rejection criterion for definition of clusters in orientation data. In Issues in Rock Mechanics, Proceedings of the 22nd Symposium on Rock Mechanics, Berkeley. R. E. Goodman and F. E. Heuze (eds), American Institute of Mining Metallurgy and Petroleum Engineers. New York. pp. 116-123.
- Oda M. 1982. Fabric tensor for discontinuous geological materials. Soils and Foundations, Japanese Society of Soil and Foundation Engineering. Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 96-108.10.3208/sandf1972.22.4_96
- Priest, S. D. 1985. Hemispherical Projection Methods in Rock Mechanics. George Allen and Unwin, London.
- Raax. 1997. Borehole Image Processing System Information. Sapporo, Japan.
- Read S., Richards L. and Cook G. 2003. Rock mass defect patterns and the Hoek-Brown failure criterion. Proc. 10th Cong. ISRM, South Africa. pp. 947-954.
- Shanley R.J. and Mahtab M.A. 1976. Delineation and analysis of clusters in orientation dat. Journal of Mathematical Geology Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 9-23.10.1007/BF01039681
- Woodcook N.H. 1977. Specification of fabric shapes using an eigenvalue method. Bulletin of the Geological Society of America. Vol. 88, pp. 1231-1236.10.1130/0016-7606(1977)88<1231:SOFSUA>2.0.CO;2
- Wyllie D.C. and Mah C.W. 2004. Rock Slope Engineering. Civil and mining 4th edition. Spon Press.
- Yoon K.S., Cho T.F., You B.O. and Won K.S. 2003. A new approach for borehole joint investigation - Development of Discontinuity Orientation Measurement drilling system. Proc. 10th Congress of the ISRM. pp. 1355-1358.